Tennessee Child Care License Info
In Tennessee, the Department of Human Services (DHS) regulates licensing of child care services. You are operating a child care agency and must obtain a license from the Department if you are providing care and supervision for five (5) or more unrelated children for three (3) or more hours per day.
- Procedures for Becoming a Licensed Child Care Agency
- Resources for Child Care Providers
- Types of Regulated Child Care
Tennessee Care Licensing Standards:
- Child Care Centers and Summary of Licensing Requirements
- Group Child Care Homes and Summary of Licensing Requirements
- Family Child Care Homes and Summary of Licensing Requirements
- Drop-in Centers
- DHS Report Cards and Rated Licensing (Report Card Examples: Child Care Center and Family & Group Child Care Homes)
- Tennessee Division of Environmental Health child care facility health and safety inspections (Two times annually) – Sample Inspection Form
When you’re ready to secure insurance for your licensed Tennessee child care operation, please call (877-244-9090) or email Kevin Morency or Rebecca Morency for a free comprehensive review of your insurance needs. By taking the time to discuss your needs, we can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.
If you prefer to complete our questionnaire, it’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops. Just click to get started…
To receive your quote…
- Complete the questions
- Preview your answers
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received the form.
Note: This web page is designed to only supply general information for your use. While the information on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the accuracy, usefulness or completeness of any resources, product information or process accessed through this site and are not responsible for any errors or omissions this information may cause. It is your responsibility to check that any information is accurate before using it.