Iowa Child Care License and Registration Info

In Iowa, The Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) regulates licensing and registration of child care services.

Iowa Child Care Licensing and Registration Standards:

  • Licensed Centers – Licensed Centers are required to follow a list of requirements and have at least one unannounced monitoring visit each year from DHS.
  • Child Development Homes – Child Development Homes (CDH) provide child care in their home. There are three categories of Child Development Homes based on the number of children in care, the space available, and the provider’s education and experience. Those serving more than 5 children must be registered.

When you’re ready to secure insurance for your licensed or registered Iowa child care operation, please call or email Kevin Morency for a free comprehensive review of your insurance needs.

By taking the time to discuss your needs, he can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.

If you prefer to complete our questionnaire, it’s easy to get started on your quote.

Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.

Just click to get started…

To receive your quote…

  • Complete the questions
  • Click “Submit” when you’re done.
  • You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received the form.
Note: This web page is designed to only supply general information for your use. While the information on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the accuracy, usefulness or completeness of any resources, product information or process accessed through this site and are not responsible for any errors or omissions this information may cause. It is your responsibility to check that any information is accurate before using it