Family Child Care Insurance
Your licensed in home child care business offers parents a smaller, more family-like child care option.
We offer a specialty insurance program for licensed family child care homes that can protect the children, you, and your business. The program provides loss prevention services and child care specific information. Our child care forms and coverages are reviewed annually, and we develop and adapt our insurance products to meet the changing needs of the child care industry. When a claim occurs, our claims and legal professionals have decades of experience.
For family centers with pets, we offer dog / cat liability coverage. We encourage sprinklers on those hot summer days but we also offer water activities liability coverage. Note: Local municipalities zoning ordinances may apply to child care homes.
Please call or email Kevin Morency or Rebecca Morency if you have any questions or to set up an appointment for a free comprehensive review of your insurance. By taking the time to discuss your needs, we can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.
Specialty Insurance for Licensed Family Child Care Homes
Our Child Care Program protects your business with these Property & Casualty insurance coverages:
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Abuse & Molestation
- Abduction Coverage
- Dispensing Medication
- Food Preparation
- Field Trips
- Business Income and Extra Expense (Actual Loss Sustained)
- Must be Licensed or Certified Childcare Operations (Registered in Iowa)
- Limits up to $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate – occurrence, not claims-made
- Automatically includes Childcare Professional Liability
- Premises & Operations
- Products & Completed Operations
- Personal & Advertising Injury
- Damage to Premises Rented to You (Fire Legal)
- Medical Payment Expenses coverage of $10,000 per student
- Medical Payment Expenses coverage for volunteers
- Defense Costs outside the limit of liability
- No Liability deductibles (BI or PD)
- Abduction coverage without BI or PD – $50,000
- Professional License Review – $2,500 per review / $5,000 aggregate
- Volunteers as Additional Insureds
- Building Owner as Additional Insured
When we write your Building and Contents Coverage, the following property coverages are included:
- Business Income – Actual Loss Sustained – including tuition and fees (no waiting period or deductible)
- Communicable Disease / Water Bourne Pathogen (Business Income) – $50,000
- Computers and Media – $25,000 (higher limits available)
- Covered Property in the Open – up to 1,000 feet from premises
- Spoilage – $10,000
- Employee Theft (including Employee Benefit Plans) – $5,000 (higher limits available)
- Extra Expense – Actual Loss Sustained
- Fine Arts – $25,000
- Forgery and Alteration – $5,000
- Money and Securities (inside / outside) – $15,000 / $7,000 (higher limits available)
- Ordinance or Law Coverage – if RCV coverage applies
- Outdoor Fences – included
- Outdoor (attached) Signs – included
- Outdoor (detached) Signs – $10,000 (higher limits available)
- Personal Property of Others – $25,000
- Property at Conventions, Fairs or Exhibitions – $50,000
- Property in Transit – $25,000
- Utility Services Direct Damage, including overhead transmission lines – Full Coverage
- Equipment Damage for electrical and mechanical system malfunction
- Valuable Papers and Records – $250,000
- Water Back Up; Sump Pump Overflow – $25,000
- Workplace Violence – $100,000
- Abuse & Molestation – Included in IL (optional in IA, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, OH, TN, WI)
- Water Activities Coverage
- Dog / Cat Liability Coverage (Family Centers)
- Directors & Officers (Not-for-Profit)
- Employment Practices Liability (stand-alone policy available)
- Employee Benefits available up to $1 million (claims-made coverage)
- Workers Compensation
- Umbrella – limits up to $10,000,000
- Optional Abuse & Molestation
Auto, Van & Bus Coverage
Affordable Insurance Coverage
Our specialty business insurance coverages offer convenient, no interest payment options with flexible payment terms. So it’s easier to manage your bottom line.
Flexible Payment Terms—Pay as little as monthly
Choose the payment option that fits your budget. Because sometimes a smaller monthly payment is easier on you.
- Monthly (12 payments)
- Down payment plus 9 equal payments (10 payments)
Convenient, No Interest Payment Options
Pick the method that works best for you…
- Electronic funds transfer—$1 fee per installment
- Online or by phone—$7 fee per installment
Prefer to Manage Only One Bill?
Complete coverage may be available for your business insurance needs in one comprehensive insurance package. Call or email Kevin Morency today and receive a quick turnaround on your quote. Note: Some payment options may not be available in all states.
- Reality Alerts – information based on claims we see often and how to avoid them
- Facility Walkthroughs
- Employee and Volunteer Training
If you prefer to complete our questionnaire, it’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops. Just click to get started…
To receive your quote…
- Complete the questions
- Preview your answers
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received the form.